Saturday, May 9, 2009

Grandma Sharon...

I cannot tell you what a blessing Miss Sharon is to me and our entire family. She loved us from the moment we entered our church - and that was a time I did not feel very loveable!! She took me in under her wing, loved me unconditionally, prayed for me, encouraged me, mentored me, and poured herself into me in such a way that I could see Christ shining through her. Over the years, she has blessed our entire family in more ways than we can say. Glen and the kiddos love her as much as I do ;-)

Funny story...Miss Sharon and I were meeting together working through a Bible study one night when I looked up at her and said, "Sharon, I need to go home. I have the flu." She helped me gather my things and get to the car, but she insisted on bringing Corbyn home for me from his program at church. Later that week, I found out that I did not have the flu but rather a little one in my tummy!! That following Sunday I had the blessing of telling her she had nothing to worry about...She would not catch what I had ;-) Miss Sharon was so excited for us that she arranged her schedule to care for the older 3 while, Glen, my mother, Trisha and I were at the hospital experiencing the blessing of Azaryah coming into the world and into our arms!! Thank you, Miss Sharon.

Our children call Miss Sharon "Grandma Sharon." Their grandparents live far away and we do not have immediate family in this area. Grandma Sharon has graciously stepped in and babysat, visited just to play with the kiddos, loved on them at church, attended their events and even brought groceries, games, movies and books over last week when Glen was out of town and I was sick. She is my 2nd mother and I am so thankful for her...

No comments:

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker