Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Azaryah's Trip to the ER

Have you ever heard one of those screams that lets you know when you reach your child you are not going to find something good!??! Last night, as we were bringing in groceries, our back storm door slammed shut on Azaryah's finger. When I got to him, he was bent over holding his hand and blood was running all down both hands, forearms, and legs. I just knew he had cut his finger completely off!! At first glance, Glen thought he had lost a couple of fingers but praise the Lord we were wrong!! He did cut the nail completely in half and cut the finger tip half way around his finger...Of course a trip to the ER was in order!!

When we got to the hospital, they took him right back into x-ray...When he got back to his room, Azaryah looked at me and said, "Mommy, I had so much blood on me, I thought I was Lava Man!!" Glen and I cracked up...You know, all that blood did look like lava flowing down that sweet little boy!!!

Every day, the Lord allows me to see more and more reasons to thank Him for allowing Glen to be my husband and the father of our children. Glen was so calm in the midst of two little girls crying, Azaryah screaming, and Mommy panicking!! Corbyn is so much like his Daddy, very calm and collected, but when he saw his little brother hurting, he even go upset. After we got home and got all the children in bed, I asked Glen to teach me how he remains so calm and knows exactly what to do. He shared some tactics with me but he also admitted that when he saw how much he was bleeding, he was tore up inside!!

A littel loopy but being so brave!!!

The doctor had to give Azaryah multiple shots to numb the finger and that was very painful but Azaryah did so well!!! No broken bones and the cut did not get to the bone so that was a HUGE praise!!! No surgery but they did have to remove the top portion of his fingernail and stitch his fingertip in place...

The doctor allowed us to snap a quick picture before he bandaged his sweet littel finger up...What a good sewing job ;-)

No comments:

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker