Thursday, January 20, 2011

10 Years Ago Today...

Ten years ago today, the Lord moved our family from Kentucky out west.  I cannot believe how fast time has moved.  It seems like yesterday that Glen came home and told me that he had been promoted and the company was relocating us.  We sold the house, the movers came and packed and loaded all our belongings on a truck, and we bundled two little children up and headed to our new home.  I did not like the idea of leaving our family and friends and moving to an area where we knew no one.  It truly was a step of faith for both Glen and I.

Over the years, I have prayed that God would move us back to Kentucky.  At first, I was not thrilled with our new community and thought it was a real desert in our lives.  Today, as I reflect over the past ten years, I can see God's hand so clearly.  God knows exactly what we need and where we need to be.  This portion of our life has not always been easy and we have encountered many trails and heartaches along the way but I am so grateful for each experience because these are the events that the Lord has used to shape us and mold us into the man and woman HE desires us to be.

God's blessings have included a home that was perfect for us when our family consisted only of the four of us and then God moved us into a larger home closer to Glen's work when HE blessed us with two more children.  We have been able to continue homeschooling and have met wonderful homeschooling families who have befriended us, walked alongside of us, and encouraged us over the years.  We have a wonderful church home where our friends are like family as well as many opportunities that we may not have had elsewhere.  God also continues to teach us more about Himself and His love amazes us daily.

"For I know the thougths that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope" Jeremiah 29:11.

No comments:

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker