Monday, December 1, 2008

Girlie Friends ;-)

Vicki, Nancy, Debbie, Missy, Michelle, and Missy

These are some of my dearest friends in the world!! This group of ladies have blessed me more than I can say. We have walked together through good times and difficult times. Each one of them have modeled for me characteristics of a godly woman. From Vicki, I am learning to laugh, even when life is hard, and to stand my ground, even when giving in would be easier at the moment. From Nancy, I am learning how to persevere through tough relationships with the joy of Christ and a heart of unconditional love. Debbie models for me godly hospitality and the joy of serving. Even now, I am learning so much from her. Debbie lost her husband of 21 years this past September. Although she is grieving, she remains a pillar of strength through her confidence in Christ Jesus and His will for her life. Missy R. has taught me to be real in my relationships. From the moment we met, she has been open and honest about herself and trusted the Lord to establish relationships in her life that are rooted and grounded in Him. The gift of selfless giving is modeled by Missy F. She is truly one of the most giving people I know. No matter what you need, she is there. She would honestly give you the shirt right off her back, even if she did not have another shirt for herself. These are not the only gifts I have received from these women but you get the idea ;-) My prayer is that I can be the kind of friend that they have been, and continue to be, to me.

No comments:

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker