Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Empire State Building

Monday morning, we got up early, ate a delicious breakfast in our hotel and headed off to the Empire State Building. I am not one for heights, but Glen really wanted to take me to the observatory and I wanted to see whatever he had planned to show me. I have to say, the elevator ride was only 55 seconds and the building was so solid, there was no movement at the 86th story. We walked around the entire deck and took pictures from all angles. We both hated to see our time in New York come to an end.





Me and My Man hugging on top of the world!!!! As much fun as we had seeing all the sights and visiting many areas of New York, the most wonderful thing about our trip was that Glen and I connected again on a very deep level. Glen and I were married 5 years before our first child. During that time, we traveled and experienced life as "honeymooners". Over the past 12 years, we have allowed ourselves to pour more energy and time into all the repsonibilties of life rather than into our relationship. The Lord was gracious to allow us this time to reconnect and focus once again on our relationship and the blessing of being together. We LOVE all our children and pray that the Lord will again bless us with another child, but no matter what life holds in the days ahead, our prayer is that Glen and I will continue to pour our energy into one another and live a balanced life for our children to model as they grow up and enter into marriage. What a blessing, a gift from God, a solid marriage is!!! Have I told you how much I love this man?!?!! Ain't he cute!?!??!

No comments:

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker